264 creative Instagram captions for outstanding posts
Instagram is a social media platform that puts the picture first. If your photos and videos are not up to date, you will have a hard time succeeding.
But even great pictures and videos can fall short of expectations by lazing around the Instagram captioning department. The words that accompany your graphics are an important part of building a brand on the network and especially building a connection with fans and followers.
The best Instagram captions can add context to your posts, show off your brand's personality, entertain audiences, and / or get people to act.
Subtitles can be up to 2,200 characters long and contain up to 30 hashtags.
However, most of the subtitles are nowhere near as long or crammed with as many hashtags. Regardless of the length, it is important that your Instagram captions grab attention and are easy to read and follow.
There are 264 Instagram captions here that you can model or just copy and paste right into your own Instagram posts. At the end of the list, we also share a few tips on how to write effective Instagram captions yourself.
Bonus: Download a free checklist that shows the exact steps a lifestyle photographer used to grow from 0 to 600,000 followers on Instagram without a budget or expensive equipment.
Short Instagram captions
Short Instagram captions are the way to go if you want the followers to see all of your caption without having to type More.
- All the things
- Bucket list
- But coffee first
- Coming soon
- Days like this
- Don't stop your daydream
- Dream big
- Girls just want to have fun
- Go big or go home
- Good vibes only
- Laugh inwardly
- Start day
- Let's get started
- Like a boss
- Limited edition
- New look
- Normal is boring
- Opens soon
- Show your sparkle
- Little joys
- That just happened
- Times like this
- Weekend mood
- Why not me?
- Wild and free
- Work hard, play hard
- Yes or no?
This example from the pizzeria Grano in Vancouver proves that sometimes just two words are enough:
Instagram subtitles in a word
Do you want to go even shorter than short? Try one word caption. You may want to enhance those captions with a suitable emoji.
- Hustle and bustle
- Lucky coincidence
- What ever
Funny Instagram captions
Funny Instagram captions might not work for every brand, but when the time is right, a little humor can be just the thing to bring some life to your Instagram feed.
- Cake is the answer no matter the question
- Everything happens for a raisin
- If you don't have anything nice to say, just post on Instagram
- In my defense, I was left unattended
- It might look like I'm not doing anything, but I'm pretty busy in my head
- I've been on a diet for a week and only lost 14 days
- Let's taco & # 39; n about it!
Spring Instagram Captions
When the weather gets better, Instagram comes to life with flowers and sunshine. Here are some captions to add some pizzazz to le printemps.
- April rain brings Mayflower blessings
- In like a lion, out like a lamb
- It will be May
- Making hay while the sun is shining
- May the fourth be with you
- Raindrops on roses
- Spring cleaning
- spring feelings
- Jump forward
- Spring has begun
- Spring is in the air
Summer Instagram Captions Summer
Summer is perhaps the most Insta-worthy season and has lots of great photo opportunities – and captions to match.
- Bluebird days
- Dog days in summer
- Feel hot hot hot
- Good day sunshine
- Girls just want sun
- It will be a bright, sunny day
- Here comes the Sun
- My place in the sun
- Nothing but blue sky
- soak up the sun
- Summer drowsiness
- Summer love & # 39;
- Summer nights
- Summer feeling
- Sunlight is the best disinfectant
- Sunshine is the best medicine
- Life is simple
Fall Instagram Captions
As you've seen before, seasonal Instagram captions can help you keep things fresh all year round. Here are some great options for fall.
- After the rain
- Autumn leaves
- Back to school
- To fall back on
- Fall after fall
- Look at the leaf
- November Rain
- Pumpkin spice season
- Sweater weather
- Turkey time
- Under my umbrella
Winter Instagram Captions
Snow, lights, holidays – winter is full of special moments that need to be captured for “grief”.
- A snowflake is the butterfly of winter
- Baby it's cold outside
- Keep calm and winter on
- let it Snow
- The weather outside is terrible
- The winter of our discontent
- Winter is coming
Check out this adorable snowy caption from Lee's Donuts:
Instagram captions on the beach
From sunny summer days to atmospheric winter storms, beaches offer tons of material for Instagram content.
- The best drinks come with umbrellas
- Beachy spicy
- Catch a wave
- Happy place
- Life is a beach
- Resting beach face
- Sailing away
- Sun, sand, sea
- Sun out, guns out
- Surfing is on
- The ocean is the best hairdresser
- Toes in the sand
- Vacation mode
- Vitamin sea
- We dream in colors borrowed from the sea
- Where is it?
Birthday Instagram Captions
Whether it's your birthday or wishing another Instagrammer a happy birthday, birthdays are a great excuse to celebrate on Instagram. Not your birthday You can also celebrate the anniversary date of a product or company.
- Everything about the cake
- Another trip around the sun
- Cake day
- Candles just want to be lit.
- Fire hazard
- Happy birthday baby
- Reached next level wisdom
- A year wiser
- (S) he's a funny good guy
- Sweeter than a cupcake
- Too many candles
Instagram captions for selfies
Ah, the ubiquitous selfie. Love them or hate them, you have to label them.
- A selfie a day keeps the doctor away
- Beast mode
- But first selfie
- Confidence level: no filter
- First I drink the coffee, then I do the things
- Just me
- I'm a big deal
- I am fluent in sarcasm
- Life is too short to be boring
- Live my best life
- Me me and me
- Messy hair doesn't matter
- Personality cannot be added with a filter
- Ready for my close-up
- Some days are better than others
- Swiped to the right
- There is always a wild side to an innocent face
- Why hello there
- Woke up like that
- Work it
- be worth
Instagram captions for couples couple
If your significant other has a tendency to share your Instagram section, check out these Instagram captions for couples.
- Always on your team
- Couple goals
- All I do) I do it for you
- Only we
- "Love consists of a single soul that inhabits two bodies." – Aristotle
- Love you to the moon and back
- Temporary partner
- PS I Love You
- The best bad influence
- You make my heart sing
- You are my lobster
Instagram caption quotes
Sometimes someone else's words perfectly capture whatever you want to say.
- "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't do any harm." – Charles M. Schulz
- “Don't go where the path leads, go where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." – Henry David Thoreau
- “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not to try. ”-Michael Jordan
- “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your mind. ”-Maya Angelou
- "If you want the rainbow, you have to endure the rain." – Dolly Parton
- "It's fun doing the impossible." – Walt Disney
- "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." – John Lennon
- "Never let the fear of a punch stop you from playing the game." – Babe Ruth
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I am possible!” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Sometimes you never realize the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
- "The road to success is always being built." – Lily Tomlin
- "The way to start is to stop talking and start doing." – Walt Disney
Instagram subtitle hashtags
We have an entire blog post explaining how to use hashtags effectively in Instagram captions, but here are 10 popular hashtag picks to try, along with the total number of posts for that hashtag.
- #Travelgram (123.3 million)
- #Good morning (117.1 million)
- # Street Photography (78.43 million)
- #foodstagram (69.98 million)
- #Nature lovers (65.67 million)
- #Entrepreneurs (64.40 million)
- #outfitoftheday (52.83 million)
- #sundayfunday (50.80 million)
- #mamalife (50.18 million)
- #positivevibes (48.72 million)
Here is everything you need to know to make your own original Instagram captions that work.
1. Know your audience
The better you know your audience, the easier it is to tailor your Instagram marketing strategy to their needs and expectations.
Instagram demographics tell us that the largest group of users are 25 to 34 years old and that the number of women on the network is slightly superior to me. But those are the broad lines. To create the best Instagram captions for your audience, you need to understand who is following you and looking for your content.
How old are you? Where do you live? What are their jobs? What are you doing outside of work? Our contribution to audience research on social media can help you find out.
To further define your audience, it's a good idea to create audience personas. This way you make sure that you envision your audience as real people with real likes to talk to.
Once you know who you're talking to, you can answer questions that will determine your captions:
- Will my audience understand this hint?
- Are emojis and netspeak suitable here? ¯ _ (ツ) _ / ¯
- Do I need to add more context to this post?
- What hashtags do my audience follow?
This example from bid maker Tushy shows the brand's understanding of its followers. This kind of edgy humor wouldn't necessarily go down well with other viewers:
2. Identify your brand voice
If you haven't identified your brand voice as part of a broader social media marketing strategy, ask yourself, “What qualities and values do you want my brand to embody?” Make a list and use it to shape your voice.
You can also try jotting down a few adjectives describing your business and using them to get the tone right. For example, “bold”, “curious” and “decisive” can make sense for a travel brand.
In general, Instagram users don't expect a formal or serious tone. Of course, it depends on the industry and audience, but you should strive to keep things light, use humor, and show personality.
3. Put the most important words at the beginning of the caption
If you want your entire caption to appear above the fold, stick with a maximum of 125 characters. Then the followers have to click More to see the rest of your text.
So don't bury the trail. If you use a longer caption, make sure you include the most important and attention-getting information right up front. Include any @mentions and hashtags at the end.
In this example, it only makes sense that information about the giveaway is in the foreground. After all, this post is about that, and the bold intro helps grab the audience's attention.
4. Use hashtags wisely
Use hashtags that are relevant to your post and audience. Don't use so many that they will clutter your copy and make it difficult to read.
If you want to use multiple hashtags but don't want to clutter your caption, group your hashtags in a "paragraph" at the bottom of your post.
5. Ask a question
Asking a question in your Instagram caption is a surefire way to generate interest in your post. Engagement is a key component of the Instagram algorithm. It also provides a great opportunity to interact with your audience.
You probably won't want to ask a question in every Instagram caption, but this is a good strategy to use from time to time. Just make sure to monitor your comments and join the discussion that triggers your question.
6. Use a call-to-action
If you want people to take a certain action after viewing your post, don't be afraid to say so. If you want people to visit your website, refer them to the link in your bio.
In this example from clothing brand Frank and Oak, the caption includes a call-to-action asking followers of the brand to post pictures with a branded hashtag.
Interesting note: We recently conducted an experiment and found that Instagram posts that had the term "Link in Bio" in the caption slightly outperformed other posts.
Or, if your post is shoppable, encourage users to check out the featured products.
Your call-to-action may be the most important part of your Instagram captions, so write it carefully, edit it, and maybe even test what works best.
Manage your Instagram presence easily with Hootsuite. Manage all of your social profiles in one place, schedule and post, monitor performance, and more. Try it for free today.
Just create, analyze and Schedule Instagram posts with Hootsuite. Save time and get results.