Instagram Provides Audio Browser for Reels
Instagram updated its Reels short video creation feature to give users better ways to organize their audio.
A new audio browser enables creators to discover and browse through new music and sections such as For You and Trending.
Creators can save sounds so that they can easily access them for use in their Reels.
And they can share all of the Reels that use a specific audio clip via Instagram Direct.
A spokesperson for Facebook said in an email, “Reels is still new, but we’ve already been so inspired to see what people are doing with it. We know sounds and music can be a big source of inspiration to join a trend and an opportunity to reach an audience, or even go viral, which is why we’re excited to see how people use today’s updates.”
Instagram also shared data on the top 20 songs used globally on Reels since its official debut in August:
- Virgo, JADU JADU
- ily (i love you baby) (feat. Emilee), Surf Mesa
- Cute Song, Aroob Khan
- Yes or No, Jass Manak
- Watermelon Sugar, Harry Styles
- Sunset Lover, Petit Biscuit
- WAP (feat. Megan Thee Stallion), Cardi B
- se essa vida fosse um filme, GIULIA BE
- Butterfly, Jass Manak
- Piece of Your Heart (Alok Remix), Meduza, Alok, Goodboys
- death bed (coffee for your head), Powfu, beabadoobee
- Yummy, Justin Bieber
- Hawái, Maluma
- Don’t Start Now, Dua Lipa
- Khayaal Rakhya Kar, Preetinder
- Feelings, Sumit Goswami
- Laal Bindi, Akull
- Level Up. Ciara
- Born to Shine, DILJIT DOSANJH
- Cradles, Sub Urban