Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice Prime Yelps' Listing of Most Widespread Fall 2020 Flavors
Perhaps Linus should have opened Yelp instead of spending Halloween in the pumpkin patch waiting for the Big Pumpkin to arrive.
The business directory and crowdsourcing review forum shared details of the five most popular flavors for Fall 2020 on Wednesday:
- Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice: According to Yelp, searches for pumpkin spice patties rose 72% year over year in late September, while pumpkin pie counts rose 66% and pumpkin cheesecake counts rose a whopping 242%.
- Brown sugar boba: The search for this new decadent beverage flavor increased 200% year over year.
- Mochi: Searches for mochi increased 96% year over year, while searches for mochi donuts increased 458%.
- Apple: Apfelweinkrapfen saw a 117% year-over-year search increase, while searches for socially distant outdoor activities resulted in a 55% increase in apple production.
- Suadero tacos: Search for Suadero Tacos increased 6,218% year over year.
On the Oktoberfest front, Yelp found that while searches for beers and breweries were declining, the opposite was the case for craft beer stores (up 26%).
Yelp trend expert Tara Lewis said in a statement, "At Yelp, people are returning to the soothing flavors of apple, brown sugar and pumpkin this fall and choosing to indulge in the flavors of their favorite drinks and desserts." Whether they eat inside or outside, people are also eager to try Suadero Tacos, a delicious beef taco that is making waves this season. "